Cal Ripken State Baseball Tournament
8 year old State Tournament @ Harrison Co. (Pool Play)
* Johnson Co. lost to South Lexington (10-2)
Defeated Harrison Co. (8-4) and play Tonight @ 7:15 vs Northern Ky.
9 year old State Tournament @ Lincoln Co. (Pool Play)
* Johnson Co. lost to Jessamine Co. (12-3)
Lost to Lake Cumberland last night (No Score given) and play Saturday vs Southeastern (Lexington) @ 12 PM.
10 year old State Tournament @ Fayette Co. (Pool Play)
* Johnson Co. lost to Scott Co. (10-4)
Defeated Southeastern 2 (8-4) and play Tonight @ 8 PM vs Russell Co.
The Top 2 Teams in each Pool in each Tournament advance to a Single Elimination Tournament this weekend. Good Luck to Johnson Co. Cal Ripken All-Star’s
Babe Ruth Ohio Valley Regional Softball Tournament
Congratulations to the Johnson Co. 14 under Softball team, the 2016 14 under Kentucky State Champs. Johnson Co. will now advance to the Ohio Valley Regional Tournament in Fairfield, Ohio. JC was scheduled to play Angola, Indiana Today @ 10:45 AM to begin Pool Play. (No update has been given). They will continue Pool Play this weekend. Good Luck to Johnson Co!
* University of Kentucky junior running back Stanley Boom Williams has been named a preseason candidate for the 2016 Doak Walker Award, which is annually presented to the nation’s top college running back, it was announced Thursday afternoon. Williams, a product of Monroe, Ga., starred in the UK backfield for a second consecutive season in 2015. A 5-foot-9, 196-pound tailback, Williams rushed for 855 yards in 10 games in 2015, totaling six touchdowns and a school-record 7.1 yards per carry average. He had five games of over 100 yards rushing in 2015, including a career-high 140 yards on just 16 carries in a win over Charlotte. Over his two-year career, Williams has rushed 195 times for 1,341 yards (23rd on UK’s career rushing list) and 11 touchdowns, good for a sparkling 6.9 yards per carry mark. He has totaled 2,088 all-purpose yards in his career, including 236 receiving yards. Kentucky will begin the 2016 season Saturday, Sept. 3 at 7:30 p.m. ET against Southern Miss at Commonwealth Stadium. The game will be televised live on ESPNU.
* The 2016 edition of SEC Football Media Days concluded with media in attendance predicting Alabama to win the 2016 SEC Championship. Tennessee was selected to win the SEC Eastern Division, Florida was second, Georgia was third. UK was predicted to finish 4th followed by Vanderbilt, Missouri and South Carolina. Alabama was picked to win the SEC Western Division. The preseason All-SEC Team will be announced later today.
The Cincinnati Reds get back to action Tonight to begin a 3 game weekend series vs the Milwaukee Brewers. The Reds were 32-57 in the 1st half of the season and sit in last place in the National League Central, 21.5 games back of the Cubs. The Brewers sit just above the Reds in the Division with a 38-49 record. Game time is set for Tonight @ GABP in Cincinnati @ 7:10 PM. Saturday’s start is also 7:10 PM and Sunday is at 1:10 PM and All games can be heard Live on AM 600 WKYH in Paintsville.
All Area students and students/athletes are encouraged to take advantage of Free Sports Physicals @ the new Immediate Care of Paintsville on Saturday, July 23rd from 10 AM – 6 PM. No appointments necessary. For more information or questions, please call 606-789-3188. Paul B. Hall Regional Medical Center is the parent company.
Tune into CBS Sports Radio AM 600 WKYH for EVERYTHING Univ. of Kentucky on
the Kentucky Sports Radio w/ host Matt Jones Weekdays 10 am to 12pm
(click on the logo to go to their website)
WSIP and OUR SISTER STATION, AM 600 WKYH in PAINTSVILLE, KY
is PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH
THE "NEW" CBS SPORTS RADIO!!!!